Annette Marie book review

Immortal Fire (Red Winter #3)

Annette Marie

Wow, this book was so well written and so suspenseful that I was on the edge of my seat the most of the time. I read this book in less then a day and I only started the series two days ago.

Usually, Amazon published books are either cheesy or poorly written, with a rare good book once in a while, but this author has some of those rare books! Her books that I have read so far are just amazingly well written and have great plots. I have read the Spell Weaver series as well and both series are a punch to the feels. Seriously, very stressful.

They are somewhat similar in the characters and romance but Marie adds different things to both series that make them different from each other but still similar which is what I really look for in a author.

Pros and Cons:

I really enjoyed the illustrations in the book even though it was a anime style, which I'm not a major fan of anime, but the drawings really added to the story and helped visualize certain parts. I really like illustrations in books so that was Pro for me.

I adored the many characters, especially the lead male character. I really want my own Shiro! The male lead had a great set of strengths and weaknesses throughout the series and a fun, sly personality.

I liked the lead female character as well but not as much as the lead male character. She seemed somewhat weak throughout the series but it was kind of excepted. She redeem herself in the end for me. I absolutely loved the chemistry between the two. Such a fun romance.

The names and places were very hard for me to pronounce and hard the keep track of who was who and what was what. Being a Japanese mythology, the hard pronunciation was expected, but the Glossary helped a ton.

I think that the gods or Kunitsukami and Amatsukami or whatever they are called had to much power and seemed to invincible. I think they should of had a bit more weaknesses maybe a little less power so that it might seem a little more realistic.

I didn't really like that they were always in trouble or someone is always hurt, just give them a break.

Full five stars for the last book and 4.5 for the first two books in here Red Winter Trilogy.

There was a part towards the end of this book that probably shouldn't be read by 14 and under. There weren't any details but you knew that stuff was happening, so just a warning about that.

Spoilers!!!!

Don't read passed here if you have not read the book.

I am so happy with the ending of this book! Marie had me stressing over having a happy ending because of another book series by her that i was not super happy about the ending, but she came around and made happy when Shiro and Emi were reunited, even though it was SEVEN YEARS LATER!!!! All is good

I'm really glad that Emi did not die as we were all expecting.

Yumei was a pretty great example of character development. At the beginning, he was pretty much a hermit hated humans, but by the end of the series, he was great friends with Emi and seemed less cranky.

That is the end of my review. 5/5

Comments

Popular Posts